To develop an annual illumination program for Sydney Olympic Park that acknowledges the causes, celebrations and events that are meaningful to our community. While consultation for community feedback closed on Friday 31 December 2021, we continue to welcome suggestions which can be emailed to the project contact at email@example.com.
Your responses will be combined with input collected from the many stakeholders that make up Sydney Olympic Park. Together, this will inform our approach to selecting causes, celebrations and events to be featured in the illumination program.
The illumination program intends to add colours with purpose throughout the Park's Town Centre during February - December. Frequency will vary month to month, not everyday and not every week, providing for a series of nights that invite residents and visitors to explore after dark and see the built environment illuminated in colour.
What will inform our decisions?
Making a suggestion doesn't guarantee selection in the program. Programming decisions will consider:
- Is this is a National or International day/cause/celebration?
- Is this a major event happening in the Park?
- Does this feature one of our sporting home teams?
- Is there a specific date to acknowledge?
- Is the day/cause/celebration synonymous with a light/illumination campaign?
- How does the day/cause/celebration relate to the Park's identity and values?
- How does this correlate to input from the community?
While some equipment is operated by our team, the opportunity to run this program requires agreement and willingness from key stakeholders including the owners and operators of buildings who participate in the illumination program.
- Novotel, Pullman and Ibis Hotels
- Stadium Australia
- Olympic Park Station
- Festoon lights in the Yulang
- Qudos Bank Arena
- Opal Tower
- Boomerang Tower
Occasionally the program can also utilise:
- The Towers along Olympic Blvd
- Sprinter on the M4
- Olympic Cauldron in Cathy Freeman Park
The decorative lighting has previously been used on an ad-hoc basis to illuminate buildings for major events such as the State of Origin (NSW Blues), South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL matches, Lunar New Year and occasions including International Day for People with Disability, Park Week, EndoEnlightened and Mardis Gras.
Community Consultation - Have Your Say
Please share your ideas on what is meaningful to you by responding to the question below. Consultation closed Friday 31 December 2021. Please use the “+ FOLLOW” button at the top of this project page if you wish to be kept informed on the project outcomes and updates.