NSW Cricket Centre of Excellence
The home of Cricket NSW is moving to Sydney Olympic Park in a state-of-the-art, year-round, training and administration facility to see cricketers excel from grassroots to elite levels.
In partnership with the Australian Government, NSW State Government, Sydney Olympic Park Authority and Cricket Australia, Cricket NSW is moving to a new home built for the needs of current and future generation cricketers at every level, coaches, umpires, administrators and volunteers.
The NSW Cricket Centre will provide contemporary high-performance training and playing facilities for NSW professional teams, including the NSW Breakers, NSW Blues, Women’s and Men’s Sydney Sixers & Sydney Thunder, and CNSW pathway and development programs. A number of facilities will also be available to support the NSW Cricket Community, sport, social, health and educational programs.
The NSW Cricket Centre will provide:
- dedicated year-round cricket training, coaching and administration;
- facilities for junior cricket group training including school programs, social matches and Big Bash League fan days;
- a First Class ground to host Elite level matches
- for and encourage public access to the facilities, community oval and surroundings; and
- public viewing of internal and external cricket nets.
Key Features of the new facility include:
- an International Cricket Council compliant sized cricket oval;
- a smaller sized community cricket oval;
- outdoor practice nets;
- an indoor training facility;
- a two storey, cricket centre including an internal atrium, gymnasium, community facilities, sports science and sports medicine facilities and sport administration offices;
- car parking; and
- a single storey grounds keeping shed.
The construction of the NSW Cricket Centre will be completed by early 2022.